Effective, Monday October 25th, the Calgary Zoo will require all visitors ages 12 years and older to provide proof of one of the following before being permitted entry:
**Valid Identification that matches the vaccine record is required for adults 18 and over
Government-issued proof of COVID-19 FULL vaccination (14 days from final dose)
- Valid Alberta vaccine record **effective November 15th only the ‘Alberta vaccine record with QR code’ will be accepted
Outside of Alberta accepted forms of proof of vaccination include:
- First Nation, out-of-province, Canadian Armed Forces vaccine record, ArriveCan app and valid international travel identity document.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test, taken within the previous 72 hours (either PCR or Rapid Test); or
- Documentation of a medical exemption.
Those who are unable to show proof of one of the items listed above will be denied entry. This applies to all visitors, membership holders and ticket holders including attendees to Day visit, ZOOLIGHTS, special events, evening events, donor events, member events, weddings, celebrations and all corporate events.
Let’s kick 2022 with some magic, we will be holding one more evening of ZOOLIGHTS – Saturday, January 8th, 2022
We want everyone to be able to enjoy the magic of ZOOLIGHTS! The number of tickets available to purchase each night have been set at a capacity to allow for the best experience. ZOOLIGHT evenings may sell out. If tickets are not available for the date selected, we have reached our capacity and are sold out for that night. Please choose another date.
ZOOLIGHTS, presented by Olympia Trust Company, is back for the 25th year! Calgary's award winning, magical holiday tradition will be glowing for weeks of festive family-friendly fun.
We're brightening your ZOOLIGHTS experience with bigger, brighter, and more magical themes to make this year even more memorable! This year's ZOOLIGHTS will feature exciting new themed areas and activities including a 25th anniversary Memory Lane, the Nutcracker in the ENMAX Conservatory, an all new “Tunnel of Light”, a tribute to Canada’s wetland, a holiday Zoo Market and a very special “Dinos at Night” experience like you have never seen before! Of course, we're bringing back all the classic activities everyone has come to love like the Skating Rink, Firepits, and Rival Axe Throwing.
Plan your visit in advance! Click here for everything you need to know to make the most of your ZOOLIGHTS experience, including activity details, sensory experiences, FAQ's and more!
Dates & Times
November 19, 2021 - January 2, 2022 & JANUARY 8, 2022
5:00 - 9:00 p.m. Gates closed 8:30 p.m.
The following dates are excluded from regular ZOOLIGHTS admission:
- December 25: the Calgary Zoo is closed
- December 31: Zoo Year's Eve (Family-friendly) - this evening requires a separate admission ticket*. Tickets on sale soon.
*Please note that regular ZOOLIGHTS admission tickets, zoo passes or complimentary tickets will not be accepted for admission on these nights.
**Dates subject to change, if ZOOLIGHTS is open the date will be available on the calendar to purchase
- General (16+) $21.95
- Child (3-15) $14.95
Zoo members get pricing benefits based on membership level. Member discount pricing / free timed entry will be applied in the cart.
Please make sure you are logged in to your account! Log in to take advantage of your membership benefits.
All Inspire Members have have unlimited free access to ZOOLIGHTS, but must obtain a ticket for each visit. The ticket will be discounted to free in the cart.
ENGAGE AND CHILD MEMBERS
Engage and Child members receive a one-time 50% off discount on ZOOLIGHTS tickets. The ticket will be discounted in the cart.
IMPORTANT HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION:
By purchasing tickets, you agree to and accept the following:
Ticket holders are not to enter the Calgary Zoo if:
You are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. These include:
- Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath, Runny nose, Sore throat and/or other symptoms listed on Alberta Health Services website.
- You have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19
- You or someone in your household has traveled internationally in the past 14 days that are not fully vaccinated or required to quarantine as per Canadian Federal Guidelines
- Ticket holders will follow all Alberta Health Services (AHS) Guidelines/Restrictions and City of Calgary bylaws that are in effect at the time of your visit